Music Mixing: What you need to know before sending a song for mixing
Music Music can be a complicated field even for those with plenty of experience. Is better to give your songs to be mixed by an independent pair of ears rather then mixing them yourself. Usually we become too attached to our songs and because we are listening them so many times, we are actually no longer able to make difference between the moment of where we have started the song and where it needs to be as “the end product”.
Before sending a track make sure the following boxes are ticked:
- Export the whole song as it is as Wav file (this will be perceived as the actual state of your mix – reference).
- If you have already, please provide us with a reference of how would you like your song to sound like, otherwise leave us to give your track a unique sound.
- Remove all the effects and dynamic processors such as Limiters, Compressors (including multi-band), Equalisers, Reverbs. If you want a specific effect which you already have added it and you feel that it adds to the song’s character, please include a track of the effect too. Rename the track as “Effect Name – Track/s Name affected by the effect)
- Now, make sure that none of your project tracks are clipping. We do not need any distortion in your exported files.
- Make sure you are exporting the stems (tracks) at the project’s native recording sample rate e.g. (24 bit 44100 kHz or 24 bit 48000 kHz)
- Export them all in a folder, compress that folder (zip/rar), upload it on a Google DRIVE account and send the link in the Link Details. Provide access for our main email address.